Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wedding Favors


To night we made my favors for my wedding. A crazy, time consuming, last minute idea caused by the snow storm. Just a week before I had decided not to do a favor because they were costly and time consuming...and really who cares? But then i was stuck in the house for a week with nothing but my computer to keep me sane! And I went through each of my things that i check when i get online; email, myspace, facebook, WSU website, blogspot, YouTube...and after exhausting those website i thought, hey I will check out the knot, its been awhile! And that was my down fall, i saw someones bio who had done the cones for their wedding...and I think hmm so cute, i could do that. So i search the internet to just see what it entails and how costly the cones are...and the next thing i know I am ordering a shipment of cone shaped cellophane bags! The thing is, if i had all the supplies while snowed in, it would have been a great way to spend my time, and very productive...but of course that was not the case. So here i was doing them on a friday night a week before my wedding!

I adviced Samantha tonight while making the cones that when she gets married to stay far away from the knot . com and the evil grandiose wedding thoughts it buts into normally rational girls minds! I also told her free slave labor is the best friend you could ever have when planning a wedding! But anyhow after countless hours of make the tags mostly by myself, then a few fun hours of filling the cones with Samantha and her mom kelly (my moms best friend) I have a beautiful favor that I am very very happy with.
I think they turned out beautifully, and i hope all my guests like them.
Or at very least takes them at the end of the reception so i don't feel like my efforts were a waste!







A few completely done...so many more to do!












Mom was tired from a long day at work, and not crazy about having to be doing favors...but she was a trooper. And i keep reminding her that i am her only daughter and that she won't have to do this when Colin gets married...her job is done in a week!















We had a little assembly line, each doing a
different part. It was very productive.


































Samantha and Kelly finishing up the very last cone!














The finished product! This plus two big nordstrom bags full of more cones!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

grrr thats totally not how it looked in the preview...all messed up!

Patty Stephens said...

I love favors... ours got left in the freezer and I totally forgot about them till we were in Disneyland. OOPS! and I totally agree with you. TheKnot.com is EVIL.