Monday, September 15, 2008

Stressed

So it is always super exciting when Jeremy comes...but then I remember why it's always better to go visit him. When he comes home there is always people wanting his time and attention, his parents, his friends, his siblings...and he just isnt good at saying no to his family. Then you add into the mix my family, they want to spend time with him as well. I usually end up refereeing- trying to fit everything in to please everyone. My mom is stressing me out and really making me feel bad about the whole thing. I know she is just worried about me and also wanting to get to know Jeremy better before we get married but she doesn't help. Jeremy doesn't realize that when he doesn't make time for my family, it makes him look bad. So I end up feeling like my family doesn't like my fiance and my fiance could care less about my family. He's super close with his parents so he likes spending lots of time with them, but me I'm not crazy about them. They irritate me a lot...but since I want to be with Jeremy and I am also thinking about his needs before my own (part of loving someone) I usually go along with it. Throw in that this trip we need to get a few wedding things done and that its the shortest trip he's ever made home- and well I'm stressed. I just wanna cry. We've had next to no alone time together, and it doesn't appear like that will change before he leaves early thursday morning.  I just wanna scream sometimes, at his parents, at my mom, at him! Agh....right now I just wanna to go somewhere all alone and decompress. But I have to much to do and I don't want to miss out on time with Jeremy even if its with a whole bunch of people around. God I was hoping typing this out would make me feel better but I just feel worse. I can't wait till January, then I can spend everyday with him...and when we come back to visit alone time will not matter so much! 

1 comment:

Patty Stephens said...

I'm so sorry you are stressed!! Just a few more months and you will have him all to yourself. :) Maybe arrange a dinner with both of your parents so everyone can get some hangout time.