Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Settling in

So its been awhile since I updated. We've been busy busy since the pod arrived on thursday. Hauling everything up two flights of stairs to the third floor sucked! But luckily for me, Jeremy did most of the work. Then came unpacking...I had to wash all the new wedding presents we got, dishes, gadgets, utensils, towels, sheets etc. But now everythings washed, the kitchen and living room are pretty much completely organized and now I am tackling the spare room which is where everything I didn't know what to do with when we were unloading got put. So needless to say its a bit of a mess. But I got the shelves up for my scrapbooking stuff and I put the bed frame together. So i think that tonight while Jeremy is at work I might be able to finish the spare room. I'm very proud of myself, the spare bed frame is wood and snapped in half during transport. And I fixed it good as new, maybe even better because it feels super sturdy now. Once I finish the spare room, we just need a couch and dresser (come on tax return!) and we will be all settled in. Feels like an actually home now. Then I have to finish my thank you notes (40 some down, 30ish to go) and wait for my pictures to get done so I can include one in the envelopes. Send those out and then start on scrapbooking all the wedding stuff.

Mom has a plane ticket to come and visit in March, yay. I think we might go to disney world for a day or two since she has never been and wants to do some of the other parks besides Magic Kingdom. Then I think after her visit I am going to job hunt. There is a job on base working with kids that pays surprising well, well enough to make it worth the 20-30 minute commute. Jeremy is going to be deploying in August, so we will see if i find a job and like it enough to stay in Florida while he is gone...my guess is not. If we can figure out how to both work with just one car, leaving my future job in august to go home won't be a big deal. But if we buy a car, and then have insurance on two and all the other expenses that come along with it, who know if i am gonna have to stick around florida by myself :( All my friends must come visit me between august and december if thats the case!

So I have officially changed my name, ive done everything I need to be Estes-Smith. I got my social security card, my new debit card (i was going through withdrawls), a Florida drivers license (its funny looking) and a military dependent ID. Let me just tell you, getting my ID from the military was the most pain in the butt step of all. We literally waited two hours in uncomfortable chairs to get seen, and it took all of 5 minutes. The thing that sucks about the military is they have their own way of doing things, so couples who showed up after us got seen way before us because a) rank or b) they were in uniform. Blah it sucks. But luckily my ID is valid till he gets out, so unless i somehow loose it then I will never have to sit in that office again! Everything else, tricare, finance etc. on base went really fast so that was good.

Well I am off to make something to eat. I will right more later, and probably post pictures of the apartment when its all put together.

2 comments:

Patty Stephens said...

I can't wait to see pictures of your new place. If you stay there I will totally come visit you!! Glad its feeling like home. :)

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

I'm so excited that one of your first unpacking priorities was to set up your scrapbooking! I've started doing it digitally and I love it. Call us some time, I'm so excited to hear more about your great adventure.