Thursday, February 5, 2009

Neverending thank you's

Well as of today the spare room is officially done, it is very neat, tidy and put together...yay. I tried to hang pictures and my bulletin board with these hook things so I wouldn't have to put holes in the walls (one more thing to do when we move, repairing walls). And no matter what i did, they kept falling. The only one that managed to stay up was the frame with the pictures of Kristina and me carving pumpkins each year.

So with the spare room organized, I took advantage of the neatness and scrapbooked new pages. It was fun messing it up and doing crafty stuff with my hands. I am so behind on scrapbooking, I have stuff from June, July, August, September, November, December, all the wedding planning stuff, my showers, my bachelorette party and of course the wedding rehearsal, wedding and honeymoon. So it was nice to have a chance to relax and scrapbook again.

But now that the cleaning and unpacking are done I am back to the bain of my existence...the never ending thank you notes. Everyone was so generous with the wedding presents and cash, but I swear no matter how many thank yous I finish, I turn the page in my notebook and there are more names. I try to be creative and gear the notes to the person I am writing to but I feel like I keep saying the same thing... Thank you for coming to our wedding, thank you for the (insert present here), its been put to good use in our new place, the wedding was beautiful and the day went so perfectly, we were so happy to have all our family and friends around us on our special day, hope you had as much fun as we did...and so on. Chances are if you are gettiing a thank you note, anywhere from 2 to all of these sentiments will be included...sorry for my lack of orginiality. It would have been so much easier if it wasn't tacky to have a stamp made with fill in the blanks for name and gift. Oh well they will be done eventually, then i will have to address them all...which is a job in and of its self!

As soon as we get a couch I am going to post pictures of the apartment. I think its looking pretty good, well as good as you can make a boring,white walled, average apartment look. I still need to move the bed in the master because Jeremy had it up against a wall, and its such a pain when he gets home from work and I am already sleeping, I swear he knees me or smashes a body part every other time he crawls over me into bed. But anyways, I can't wait for our tax return because I am so looking forward to sprawling out on a couch in front of the tv.

Well hope everyone is doing well and having lots of fun in life! Miss everyone back home and I can't wait to come and visit!

2 comments:

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

Hey you guys...Michael Here. Well, life only gets funner, busier, more hectic, frustrating, rewarding, and worthwhile. And, before you know it...well, Florida will be home. I'm just now beginning to think of Idaho as my home. It's a crazy transition. You'll get used to it Caitlin. But, it sounds like alot of Fun! Have you found the fun places in FL? Enjoying the beaches? Getting a tan? Fending off gators? haha. Good Times! P.S. You should most definitely move the bed away from the wall.

Patty Stephens said...

Thank you cards are the worst!!! I hated doing them all, but you don't want to see ungratful... boo cards