Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sitting in KC

Jeremy and I are just sitting in the Kansas City airport on a lay over as we make our way to Florida. Still have about another hour before boarding starts. Thank goodness for free wifi! The last few weeks have been amazing, hectic and gone by so fast. Our wedding was perfect, if anything went wrong I do not know about it because it seemed to me like everything went exactly how it was planned if not better.

Jeremy and I then spent two days in a wonderful suite at the heathman, then left for the honeymoon the monday after the wedding. The weather in California couldn't have been better, unfortunately I didn't pack for nice weather since normally this time a year its like 60. But instead we had 80-85 degrees every day. So the first day we got there we walked, what seemed like miles (but was probably more like blocks) to target to get shorts for the nice weather. We spent tuesday through saturday park hopping Disneyland and California Adventure. It was amazing those first few days because it was off season, we barely had to wait in lines and when we did they were maybe 10 minutes. Also by spending 5 days there we got to sleep in, not feel like we had to be there the instant the park opened, got to do all the big rides multiple times and all the little ones that most people miss as well. We had gorgeous weather, relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. We also definitely got a work out with all the walking we did...which helped keep all those churros I ate from taking up residence on my tummy and tush. I will post pictures of our trip once we get back to florida and have the cords to upload our pictures.

We got back Monday evening, spent some time with our families and then started packing all my stuff and the wedding presents up. We had a pod delivered and spent most of tuesday and part of wednesday packing it up. I am not looking forward to hauling it all up the three flights of stairs at our apartment in florida. We also did all the fun stuff, like picking up a copy of our marriage license, changing my name and Social Security info, closing my bank accounts and adding me to Jeremys etc. I still need to get a new drivers license but I have to do that in Florida. Then Jeremy spent the evening with his family and I spent the evening with mine. Mom Colin and I went to YouSkyMe for dinner, and Leilani and Shane met us there to say goodbye. Next thing I knew it was two hours later and we headed home.

Then this morning, my mom and brother took me and Jeremy to the airport. It was hard and mom and i both cried. But we are getting through it, reminding ourselves we will see each other soon and talking about when moms gonna fly out to tampa for a visit. We get to tampa tonight, adn then we have about a week to relax before the pod is delivered. Which gives us a few days to haul and organize everything in the apartment before Jeremy goes back to work on Feb. 2. Then I will just be a bored housewife (boooooo) who organize, decorates, cooks and writes thank you letters. But then Jeremy will deploy, I will come back to Vancouver and hopefully work some at the daycare again. Then when he gets back I plan to get a job in florida because I don't see myself enjoying just staying home and not contributing.

Anyways, I will post pictures as soon as I can of the honeymoon, wedding and Florida.

1 comment:

Patty Stephens said...

I think a stay at home wife sounds great!!! :) Lucky!