Monday, August 25, 2008

Kicking off the semester in true Caitlin fashion...


by procrastinating like I do all semester long! I should be reading my text...Chapter 1: Introduction to the Human Services Profession...I know I know enthralling right? How could I possible not be devouring every page? What really sucks is that this semester, HD 385 (Perspectives in Human Services) which i am taking, is a pre-req for HD 430 (Professional Skills in Working with Families and Individuals) which i took last semester. Basically meaning, I'm learning things I already learned...or I guess was suppose to learn. But i have to take this class cause I need one more HD elective and its the only one I haven't taken that works with my schedule. BLAH. I should be able to ace it though, well more than likely I won't since when I am bored I do worse. 

Other than that, first day went pretty good. Left my house at 630 am to get coffee before work. Worked till 830, had school from 910-1035, back to work from 11-6pm and headed home. So i was gone from my house for 11 1/2 hours. Worked 8 1/2 hours total today. Luckily not everyday will be like this, just filling in for co-workers on vacation.

So I thought about taking a picture at school today for the blog, but I need to become more daring. I decided against it, because the school was so crowded and I didn't want to look like a weirdo taking pictures of the campus. Must work on courage for the sake of an interesting blog...though currently only Patty reads it. LOVE YOU PATTY! 

So the worst part of my day???? The long ass (can I say ass on a blog? well i said it twice now...) walk from my car to class and back. All last year I spent the big bucks for an orange lot parking pass, which was practically in my classes compared to this semester. This semester I went cheap and got grey the cheapest one. Grey has one parking lot reasonable close, and I thought to my self "Self, you have early classes you will definitely be able to get a spot there before all the other grey lot losers!" boy was I wrong. It and the next closest lot were completely full! And of course the grey lots are only on one side of campus, and my classes are both on the other. Well atleast I will get a work out. Because then after hauling my butt across campus. I have to climb 2 flights of stairs (seems like a lot lot more!) to get to my class...same room for both classes. OH well I can definitely use the exercise. Well I should get reading so I can go to bed and get up for class in the morning! Maybe I will have the courage to take a picture for my one lovely reader!

1 comment:

Patty Stephens said...

If you use your camera phone you can pretend you are texting or looking for a signal. :) I hate when I have to walk far BUT it is really good exercise. Just think of it that way.